Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is a good bedtime for a early teenage child?

I go to sleep at 9:00PM I wish I could at like 8:00PM but I cant fall asleep. I have to wake up at 5:30AM every morning so I don't miss my bus.





I think a 9-9:30 bedtime is good.What is a good bedtime for a early teenage child?
9:00 pm always worked for me.What is a good bedtime for a early teenage child?
Go to bed at 9:00 and read, and go to sleep at 9:30
My 10 year old goes to bed at 8pm.


His 12 year old brother (who does have his own TV) is sent to bed at 8 pm and is allowed to either read or watch TV quietly until 9pm.
Between the hours of 8:30-9:00 you want to make sure they get 8 hours of sleep.
9:00 PM
Great answer above from the 13yo.





I agree 100%.
I know when I was 13 my bedtime got moved up to 10 on school nights, and on weekends and in the summer I stayed up as late as I wanted. Once I hit 16 I didnt have a bedtime anymore.
Hi,


I'm 13 and I usually go to bed about 9.30pm. I like my sleep so don't think that's too late, I make sure I get a good 9 hours sleep at least but usually 10 hours considering I get up at 7.30am. I don't think you should put a teenager to bed too early because it would feel like you were invading their freedom. Also, at the weekends and holidays, you should let them stay up a little later, possibly 10.30pm because then we generally get up later anyway. As long as they have a good 9-10 hours sleep then you'll be fine.


You could always send them to bed about 9.15 and let them read because that'll make them sleepy!!


Lorna
Bedtime for everyone in the home goes to bed at 8:30pm and tv's off by 9:00pm. This includes the adults. We all wake up in goods moods a]fter 9 hours a sleep. We have breakfast today and clean the house so we are ready to come home and have family time after a busy day at work and school.
In our house, during the week, bedtime is 9pm. Weekends and summer is pretty much whenever they want, but they are restricted to quiet activities like reading, tv, or listening to music on headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment