Sunday, August 22, 2010

If your teenage daughter [15-17 years] was pregnant how would you support her?

Meaning how would you support her from the day you find out she's pregnant until she's an adult and is finished with college?If your teenage daughter [15-17 years] was pregnant how would you support her?
Well, first off, it would depend largely on what she wanted for her life and her future.





I would support her in any way she needed and as much as possible, unless she proved to be irresponsible, then I would seek a permanent guardiship of the grandchild. Little kid comes before his child mother as far as I'm concerned.If your teenage daughter [15-17 years] was pregnant how would you support her?
I was 15 when I gave birth to my daughter. When my mother found out I was pregnant, she told me she could force me to have an abortion. I called a lawyer, who told me she couldn't. For the next eight months, we lived in virtual silence. She did make it clear to me that I would be responsible for the baby, and that she was not a sitter. She also said that I could not get married until I was 18.


I had my daughter, got a job, paid the babysitter for the hours she had the baby while I was at school. Her father kept her while I was at work. I graduated near the top of my class, and went onto college. I scheduled classes so that they were only two days a week, but I was taking a full load. I worked the other five days a week.


I missed a lot of firsts with my baby. Didn't hear her first word, or see her first step, but I was there every minute I could be, and I taught her that education is important. She understands that I love her, and that getting pregnant in high school is not the best idea.





I love my mother, and we get along great now. Although, I don't agree with her reaction, I understand it now that I am a mother. I think that I would do much of what my mother did, other than the threat of a forced abortion, and the silent treatment. If she had been too supportive, or helped me too much, I might have not been so responsible.
Are you a single mom? Are you in a position to help your daughter?


Are you upset or glad for your daughter? Why are you asking strangers what they think of it? Do you really think she will finish college? Where is the father? What do your brothers and sisters think?





My point is that everyone has different perspectives based on their lives and their situations. If you love your daughter and want the best for her but you can't afford to do very much the answer will be different.


If your relationship with her is strained before this it will also be different.


I think you should do all that you can afford to do and that you should support your daughter in and with everything that you have that doesn't cost like moral support ;-)


I also would like to tell you something from my heart...


We as parents think that we failed somewhere for this to happen...Well you have to realize that your daughters life is not yours, we the parents are here to guide them on their journey into adulthood not to run their lives for them - we can only guide them the best we can.





Now after that what do you think you should do?
I am not a mom of a teen, but I am 17 and almost 5 weeks pregnant.





Upon telling my parents, they acted in different ways.





Mother*


-She had tears in her eyes while she was raising her voice and yelling at me, but after her extremely loud lecture, she calmed down and now she wants the baby here.





Father*


-My father is gentle around me because we never see each other and he is afraid of making me mad and us never speaking, I told him and he was quiet for a while and then told me that he trusted me to be a good mom and if I never needed him for anything than he would be there.





I feel lucky to have them support me.
hey hun


im not a teen mom


i am 14 turning 15 but i am pregnant


and i know i would want my mom to support me and be there for me i would want her by my side all the time and you should deffenetly let your teen doughter let her see the babys daddy it would help her.
i would support her.. i would be mad.. but i would still help her
  • facial cream
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment