Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm a teenage Christian, and I love Jesus!!! Any good books someone knows for me?

I'm reading the New Testament. Also, I'm reading Purpose-Driven-Life, anything else?I'm a teenage Christian, and I love Jesus!!! Any good books someone knows for me?
Just for perspective:





The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins





50 Reasons People Give for Believing in a God by Guy P. Harrison.





The Old Testament





The Koran





Spiritual in the Flesh: Bodily Sources of Religious Experience by Robert C. Fuller





The Bhagavad Gita





The World's Religions by Huston Smith





Any other religious texts that you might find interesting or enlightening.





At least get SOME other perspective. How can you really know what is the truth if you only hear a small part of the story? I don't say this to sway you, but to remind you that an education, even a religious one, doesn't involve only reading what you already agree with and like.I'm a teenage Christian, and I love Jesus!!! Any good books someone knows for me?
Well, you could read The General in his Labyrinth, Macbeth, Catch-22, The Catcher in the Rye, Slaughter House 5, 1984, Midnight's Children, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Don Quijote, The Brothers Karamazov, War and Peace, Anna Karenina, The Ramayana, Candide...





All worth reading.
The Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman


When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy (I recommend this one for you, since you are a teenager)


The Journey by Billy Graham


The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel





I am a woman woman so I have read


A Woman after God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George


What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways by Lysa TerKeurs





All very good books
Stay with Scripture. therein is truth. If this is mixed up with other stuff, = mens ideas, it will corrupt your understanding of truth.





You might enjoy reading this: http://buildonthetruefoundation.aimoo.co鈥?/a>





It is a God-given revelation of Song of Solomon. Hope you read and enjoy.
How about some on-line articles?


http://www.watchtower.org/e/archives/ind鈥?/a>
http://www.schizophrenia.com/media/newbo鈥?/a>





All of them.
a book i really enjoyed reading was ';Restoration: Returning the Torah of God to the Disciples of Jesus'; by D Thomas Lancaster





i will warn you though.... it should not be read with a closed mind.





another book i suggest is ';Recommendation 666'; by Herbert L. Peters. while i am skeptical about if some of the claims he makes are true, it is a good book to ponder.
I Dont Really Know Books but Boy Do I Know Christian Mussic:)








Ok Here We Go Ill Give U Some Notes





I.Rap %26amp; Hip-Hop


A.Braille


1.Lifefirst:Half The Battle(1999)


2.Shades Of Grey(2004)


3.Box Of Rhymes(2006)


4.The IV Edition(2008)


5.Cloud Nineteen(2009)


6.Weapon Aid(Coming Out At End Of This Month)


7.Audibly Enhanced Dreams(Coming Out In The Begining Of next Year)


B.Redcloud


1.Is This thing On


2.Hawthornes Most Wanted


C.Pigeon John


D.Kaboose


II.Reageton


A.Funky


B.Triple Seven


C.Bengie


D.Manny Montes


E.Lutek


F.P.b.c





Well G2g I Hope I Helped
Theologian and professor Elaine Pagels wrote two excellent books for a teenager, one is called ';The Gnostic Paul'; and the other one is ';The Gnostic Gospels';.





Booth are a must read for teenagers who love Jesus.
If you want a deeper study then this might be of interest.





http://www.theseason.org/plough.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment