Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with conflict between teenage girls?

I am a cheer coach for a jv squad (the girls range from 14 to 16). A few of them do not get along with one of the girls and I want to end any drama before it starts. Does anyone have advice on how to get teenage girls to get past any piddly stuff and teach them that it's not worth it? I am not only trying to teach cheerleading but I also want to instill good values and characteristics in them so that they will succeed in life in general. I don't want them to bully and harass each other!!How do I deal with conflict between teenage girls?
Have everyone write a little known fact about themselves on a piece of paper, then put it in a hat. Have each girl pick one and read it aloud. Then ask the girls who they think it is, and have that person tell the story. It will show them that they are alike, and each have quirky and special things that they should relate to in one another.How do I deal with conflict between teenage girls?
You can't.





Girls that age are the most evil creatures on earth. Nothing in your meager power will change that.
not going to happen. Issues like the above are so common in this age group , that you may actually make things worse, by showing too much interest in it.
Wow you got guts... good luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment