Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Parents: What would you do if you found out your teenage daughter or teenage son's girlfriend was pregnant?

Sorry, I'm not a parent myself. But I find your question rather interesting and thats why I am here. :)





I'm 23 this year, so I've passed the teens lightyears. :) Well, my parents threw me this: IF YOU'RE PREGNANT, U %26amp; UR GUY SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. Since you're doing it, you should bear every single of the responsibilities. If you want to act like an adult, then BE AN ADULT DO.





Haha, I guess this is kinda threatening, though how many parents in the world bear to do so? But I think my parents are serious about it. Haha, I'm glad they use this method on me, if not i'll be like most of my friends... I'm proud to say that I'm still a virgin and there's nothing wrong being the few among my girlfriends who's still one.





My bestie was pregnant when she's 18. She wanted to go for an abortion, but her parents forbid. So now the grandparents are taking care of the both of them, my bestie and the grandchild. :( Which I think it's pretty dumb because my friend won't learn.





So I guess, it's better to teach before it's too late... It's always tough to be a parent, especially a good one (in a child's view).. Haha... I will follow my parents' method to bring my child/ren up in future too. :) Cheers!! :)Parents: What would you do if you found out your teenage daughter or teenage son's girlfriend was pregnant?
Privately, I'd freak out and I'd mourn their lost childhoods and worry about the difficulties ahead of them. I doubtless would wonder where I had messed up that my child hadn't either abstained or at least protected himself or herself. But I absolutely wouldn't share any of that with my child. One thing I definitely wouldn't do is let an ';I told you so'; or criticism get out of my mouth. I agree with the person who said what you need to do is accept reality (even if you wouldn't have chosen it). I'd offer my total support. Teen pregnancy is hard enough without the teen's parent throwing their own feelings into the mix.





If it were my son, I would hope that he'd of his own accord step up and accept his responsibilities just as the mother obviously has to. If he didn't do that up front, I'd be seriously disappointed in him, and do everything in my power to make him do it (including being harsh, if necessary). I don't see getting pregnant as a teen as a moral failing (though I do see it as a huge mistake), but I do see not taking responsibility for your child as a moral failing. In any event, the mother would have our total support as grandparents.Parents: What would you do if you found out your teenage daughter or teenage son's girlfriend was pregnant?
I would FREAK OUT. Ok she isn't a teenager yet, but I was almost 20 when I got pregnant with my daughter and being a young parent has not been easy! I suppose a lot of it depends on who the father is and if they have been together a while, how far she has gotten with her education etc but I would still be worried for her because I have been there, done that and even as a 20 year old it was difficult. I have sooooooo many single parent friends who had their kids with the wrong guys and the relationships fail and then these girls are stuck alone raising kids and under financial stress.... No I don't want that for my children (and I don't want it for my grandkids)





So I guess prevention is better than a cure?
I think this would not be a time to panic it would only upset your daughter or your sons girlfriend. They need Ure Support and you need to be strong. Dont have a abortion cause it kills and a real baby! And if adoption is a option think about it really carefully cause you might regret for the rest of their lifes. Remember babies are blessings.
Well freak out of course. But you know there is not much to do but to Support them. I don't think that its race or the way parents raise the kids


kids can be told how to protect themselves and how to prevent the pregnancy but you know that they don't listen until they make a mistake. I personally have a sister she is a very good mother and her and her husband own a business and one of her son just became a father and he is 18. My sister and brother in law were very open with him and they would always talk to him and apparently it didn't work. I just think that time now is so different then when we grew up!
well before that gotto happening my children have always known that when they are ready for sex they can come and tell me (t whatevr age) and i will help them out with what to do. So they did, and now both of them are leading happy sex lives although they are pretty young, but at leat its safe and i know about it! But if one of them did get pregnant, i would just talk to them about what they wanted to do about it, and let them decide and suport them through that. Parents who try and force there kids into aborting a baby are stupid, and shouldnt ven be called parents.
I believe Lindsey is onto something





My thought is that my child would know up front that if they get or get a girl pregnant then they WILL take responsibility for their actions ~ there will be no abortions and no adoptions because I know the consequences of both ~ this is non negotiable rule in the home while they live in my home





They may hate me at the time but will thank me for it later ~ you teach your children and if they want to learn the hard way then that is their choice but I will do the best to give them all the resources to know all that could happen by choosing to have sex






Confront them....in a gentle way.....It might be that they are scared to tell you....If they are already pregnant the deed is done.....Non pun intended......lol......Speak to them as adults: if it is the daughter she might be absolutely petrified of telling you if the sons g/f he might not be too worried...but he needs to take responsibility for it.....Talk to them....
Personally i'd freak out first, then suppose calm down and if it was my daughter, i would raise the child so she can finish school etc. if it was my sons girlfriend, offer my help as much as i can so that he takes responcibility and still finishes school.
Offer support, come on now we all were teenagers - weren't we, we made mistakes as well - didn't we - let's not forget what we did in the past that we don't tell our children about - sometimes being an example means being an ';example';. God Bless.
I would not act anyway that I would later regret. I would love them and support them and offer any help that I could. It's better to support your child and have them around then not support them and push them away.
We will accept the reality under any circumstances. We will help him or her to not to get any depression on this account. Though we will also tell them never to get into such things in future like this.
WELL THE GIRL IS ALREADY PREGNANT YOU NEED TO SUPPORT THEM THROUGH THIS TIME IT CAN BE VERY STRESSFUL BUT DONT BABY THEM, THEY SHOULDNT HAVE DID THE DIRTY WITHOUT WRAPPING IT UP
calm down then weigh her options and mine
freak out

No comments:

Post a Comment