Thursday, July 29, 2010

If you are or were a teenage mom who chose to keep her baby?

What would you like other teens (girls and boys) to know about your experience so far?If you are or were a teenage mom who chose to keep her baby?
I'm just lucky to have stayed on the right track and didn't get knocked up. I'm 23 now. i have very strict parents and i knew that i didn't want to get pregnant as a kid because they would kick my a/ss. i wasn't even aloud to have boys call my house until i was 17. LOL. and plus, i just wanted to make something of my life. i knew a baby would hold me back a couple of years. i had friends that were young mothers. I finished school and now I'm working for homeland security. i think I've done pretty well.If you are or were a teenage mom who chose to keep her baby?
I have decided to keep my baby although I am only 16. My boyfriend is 6 years older. My parents are supportive. I know that it will be very hard. Some people call it a mistake but I don't see how another human being could be a mistake. I know that when my baby gets here, I will love him/her will every piece of my heart. Just remember, it won't be easy, but it will be worth it when you see your baby.
I had my first at 18, and I would want teens to understand from my experience that its far better to avoid pregnancy in the first place. Once you have a baby, your whole life is about that baby. There are many things about being a young adult that I missed out on and I regret that.





Once the baby has been conceived though, it needs to be dealt with. From that point I would point out to teens that they need to decide what is best for *them*, be it abortion, adoption or keeping their baby, don't let anyone pressure them into a decision they are not comfortable with.





After having and choosing to keep a baby, I would want them to know that while it means life is different, it doesn't mean life is over. It is possible to succeed in life while being a teen parent, to be a good parent, to finish their education, to have a good job, and a home of their own. It's harder, but it's possible.
yea id keep it but if there was no way i was able to keep it id adopt it but id never have an abortion. my experience.. well im a virgin so i dont have that much
Well, I was 19....there was never another option to me....I kept my daughter and thankful everyday for her! Good Luck!
If I had been unmarried and pregnant, I would have looked at what was best for the baby - ADOPTION!
im keeping mine, i wanna say thet the decision is yours and dont let anybody tell you u r ruining your life, cuz yur not
I was a teen mom. I now have a beautiful 17 years old daughter and I wouldn't change it for the world. I am very fortunate because her father is a part of her life although we are not together and my husband has been a part of her life since she was 10 months old.Not every teen mother struggles but most do. I would advise them to wait until they have lived a little but I also want them to know that you can still accomplish your dreams and for them not to allow anyone to make them believe otherwise.
They will be OKAY! It is so scary, but you'll make it
I don't have first hand experience of being a teen mom but these girls did. I agree with the person above.





More teen moms that did ok:


-my 19 year old cousin with two girls (they live with aunt)


-our family friend's sisters' daughter (18) and married with a daughter


-my next door neighbor (20) though she was 19 when she got pregnant.


-my other 21 year old cousin. Got knocked up when she was 18. Lives in Chicago.


-my boy cousin isn't a teen mom but a teen dad. His girlfriend is/was probably a teen when she conceived. They are both 20 now.
i had my first baby at 15 he is now 15 get as much help as you can but also remember you are a parent now your teenage life is over to an extent. my son loves the fact of us being close in age we have a great relationship!!!
My first concern was: my mom just bought me some really expensive jeans and she's going to be pissed that i can't wear them.





My second concern was: I can't believe a doctor is going to look at me ';down there.'; I was terrified.





My boyfriend's main concern was that I wouldn't lose the weight after having the baby.





This just goes to show what priorities are to teens. Not once did we worry about money, education, jobs, etc. It was all about appearances.
It is possible to be a good mother even though people say it isn't. It's also possible to make something of yourself.
I was a young mum and now in late 20's (ok, ok 29!!) have had another.





It doesn't matter your age or who much money you have you can still be great parents, believe in yourself.





Its hard but so worth it, (but remember its hard no matter what age you are).





Dont think people look down on you, hold you head up high and show the world you made the right choice.





When you need help don't be afraid to ask.





and most of all HAVE FUN.
Well I am a 29 year old mother of a 11 year son and 14 year old daughter, and let me tell you it wasnt easy!! I did finish school but it was very hard. I now own my own home and am ok finacial wise. It is kind of neat getting to grow up with them but sometimes stressful. I love them both very much and couldnt live a day with out them.

No comments:

Post a Comment